Ad-Libros - O.Crottaz - Le blog à Lupus - Tradosaure- Argentum Aurum

Nous sommes actuellement le 28 Mar 2024 20:07

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 32 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: L'interview de Penelope Fillon au Telegraph
MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 10:02 
Hors-ligne
Administrateur

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... is....html

Enfin, la version texte. (rien de bien intéressant ici)

20 mai 2007

She'll always have Paris...
... to say nothing of Abergavenny. The wife of the new French prime minister is, it turns out, a no-nonsense solicitor's daughter from Wales. As Penelope Fillon takes her place among the elite, she tells Kim Willsher why she would really rather be at home with her horses and children

Video: Penelope Fillon speaks

'I'm just a country peasant, this is not my natural habitat," laughs Penelope Fillon. It seems a somewhat unlikely claim from a woman who is this weekend moving into the Hotel Matignon, the 18th-century official residence of the French prime minister.

And yet there is no denying that Mrs Fillon, whose husband François has been elevated to the office by France's new president, Nicolas Sarkozy, has come a long way. She was raised Penelope Kathryn Clarke, in a large and close-knit family in Abergavenny.

As we sit in a café in Paris's chic Sixth Arrondissement, near what was her family home before her husband was given the keys to the French equivalent of 10 Downing Street, there is no trace of a Welsh accent, just a clipped Home Counties inflection as she insists she remains true to her rural roots.
"I don't refuse to go to dinners or events," she says, "but it's not what I particularly like doing. I am not a Paris party animal, I'm the sort of person who prefers sitting at the back of the room observing and listening to others.
"When I'm at our country home, I can go out in old trousers and it doesn't matter because the locals think, 'Oh, she's just one of those English gardening types'. Here I shall have to make more of an effort."
"Here" is the beau monde of the French political elite, where she and her husband will share the stage with Mr Sarkozy and France's glamorous new first lady, Cécilia. Today, in her hacking-jacket, jeans and headband, Mrs Fillon, 51, has, seemingly without effort, brought country chic to the French capital. She would fit manning a stall at an English village fete.
Mrs Fillon is not entirely comfortable with finding herself the object of observation. A solicitor's daughter with piercing blue eyes, she flinches at the "second lady" title.
"People ask what my new role is but there isn't one. I'm not like Cherie Blair. Once this week is over everything will die down and I will be able to carry on as before," she says. "I don't get recognised in the street and I hope not to. That would horrify me.
"In fact because my husband gets recognised I often walk on the other side of the road, which I suppose isn't very nice of me."
Just as the relaxed style of her husband, a former education and labour minister for the centre-right UMP party, has been described as a counterpoint to Mr Sarkozy's energetic approach, Penelope Fillon is the very opposite of Cécilia Sarkozy.
The unassuming mother of five makes no secret of the fact that she would rather be at her 12th-century chateau in her husband's constituency with her children and horses than dressing up for state functions. Her only visible jewellery when we meet is an unostentatious watch and a wedding ring so fine it looks like a strand of wire.
"I have met Cécilia Sarkozy a few times but she is very Parisian and I am, as I say, a country peasant. She is part of that Paris world and I am not," she says.
Despite this, Mrs Fillon is diplomatic when asked about the Sarkozys' alleged marital problems, or Mrs Sarkozy's decision not to vote in the presidential election a fortnight ago. "Hmm, the vote thing was a bit strange. I went through all the rigmarole of getting French nationality just so I could vote 15 years ago, so it did seem rather odd," is all she will say, visibly measuring her words.
She is far less guarded, and becomes suddenly animated, when describing the different characters of France's new President and her husband. "Nicolas Sarkozy was born wanting to be president. He is incredibly driven and this is visible. What François appreciates about him is that he is totally open and doesn't do things behind people's backs.
"He is straight down the line, which Jacques Chirac was not at all. Sarkozy knows what he wants but will listen to an opinion and a good argument.
"François has a calmer approach and is very aware of the need for dialogue and for compromise. He is just as determined but he, unlike most politicians, does not have the killer instinct. He has kept a sort of decency about him, which is a good thing as a human being but perhaps not so good ambition-wise."
Friends had described Mrs Fillon as "discreet" and "very Welsh and proud of being Welsh". She was the eldest of five children of solicitor Colin Clarke and his wife Glenys, in Abergavenny when it was, she says, "a small market town". She did English, French and German A-levels at the King Henry VIII Grammar School, then a degree in French and German at University College London.
It was during her final degree year, spent as a teaching assistant at a middle school in Le Mans, west France, that she met her husband-to-be, then a law student. "I was invited to a dinner and he was there. Of course I remember the dinner but, no, it wasn't a particularly heart-stopping moment," she says in her best no-nonsense voice.
It was only when she returned to Britain to study law at Bristol University, with the intention of following in her father's footsteps, that she realised how much she missed the good-looking Frenchman. "He would come over on the ferry and the night train to see me," she says. "Then when I finished my Law Society exams we decided to get married and I came to live in France, accepting that it would be for good."
They married in the 17th-century church of St Bartholomew, in the village of Llanover, near Abergavenny, in June 1980. Three years later her sister Jane married her husband's younger brother, Philippe. "My father was very pleased I married a Frenchman, then when my sister did the same he banned our other two sisters from French men," she jokes.
In 1981 the Fillons moved from Paris to his home region of Sarthe, where shortly afterwards their eldest child and only daughter, Marie, now 25, was born. Three further children - Charles, 23, Antoine, 21, and Edouard, 17 - were followed five years ago by Arnaud.
While François pursued his political career three days a week in Paris, she stayed in the country with the children. "I was never homesick, but sometimes I would feel a bit exasperated with the French, as you do, because they can tend to think they are superior to others.
"It was the small everyday things that would annoy me, and still do. The lack of politeness on the road, the queuing business, or lack of it. Everyone thinks the British are cold and unfriendly but the French are not particularly warm and welcoming at the beginning.
"In my mind I see England as it was 50 years ago, an idyllic place. Then I go back and it's not quite as wonderful as I tell people. Then you have British people with this idyllic view of France. It's a 'greener grass' attitude."
She describes herself as "Anglo-Welsh". "My father was English through and through, and Abergavenny is very much a border town so I wouldn't say I was a Welsh nationalist."
She laughs when asked if she speaks Welsh. "No, not at all and in fact road signs in Welsh irritate me because it takes so long to read them. But I am very proud of Wales when they play rugby. That's when my Welsh side comes out. All the rest of the family will be supporting France, or even England if they're playing Wales, and I'll be the only one supporting the Welsh.
"One of my son's friends went home after one match and told his family that he'd never realised Charles's mother could get so excited."
Another excitement, in a country where you know someone's political persuasion before their profession, is extended Fillon family dinners. "My mother-in-law, who taught history at university, is perhaps more, how can I say, socially-minded and more to the Left, so sometimes it can get quite animated. Nobody actually falls out but it can become a bit heated."
Mrs Fillon, known as Penny to friends, moved back to Paris five years ago, so her husband could spend more time with their youngest son. "He didn't want to miss out on Arnaud growing up as he had with the others," she says. "It's not unpleasant being in Paris when you know you can go back to the country at weekends. I have five horses but four of them are old and retired and I haven't ridden for ages, sadly."
She has also just started an Open University degree course in English literature. "At the moment I'm doing Shakespeare and it's a wonderful antidote to France," she jokes. "I realised that my children have only known me as just a mother but I did a French degree, I qualified as a lawyer and I thought 'Look here, I'm not that stupid'. This will get me working and thinking again."
Her eldest offspring are continuing the family tradition: Marie, now married, qualifies as a barrister this summer and Charles is studying law. Antoine is at business school, while Edouard and Arnaud are still at home.
From this week, "home" becomes Hotel Matignon, something that Mrs Fillon is taking in her stride. "As I say, it's not my natural habitat," she emphasises. "Besides, I have learned with all these ministries that you have to be ready to leave at a moment's notice.
"When François was at the education ministry they told him he was out of a job at 1 pm and we were out of the place by 5 pm. My attitude is that I'm just camping in the place." It is, one might say, a very British attitude.

Sujet du message: Re: L'interview de Penelope Fillon au Telegraph
MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 10:21 
Hors-ligne

Elle est super forte en anglais, on voit qu'elle l'a étudié à l'école.

Edit: Effectivement pas grand-chose de bien détonnant dans l'interview. Son côté campagnard assumé est assez sympa, je trouve.

MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 11:32 
Hors-ligne

Apparemment diffusé ce soir sur France 2
INFO "ENVOYE SPECIAL". A propos de son mari : "Je n'ai jamais été son assistante, ou quoi que ce soit de ce genre-là", affirmait Penelope Fillon en mai 2007
Dans une interview vidéo de 45 minutes accordée à un journal britannique, Penelope Fillon assurait en 2007 n'avoir "jamais été l'assistante" de son mari. Des propos qui alimentent un peu plus les soupçons d'emploi fictif.
A propos de son mari, elle déclare "je n'ai jamais été son assistante, ou quoi que ce soit de ce genre-là", au cours de cette interview longue de 45 minutes, et dont le magazine "Envoyé spécial" diffusera des extraits, jeudi 2 février sur France 2 à 20h50. Relancée sur son rôle aux côtés de François Fillon, l'épouse du candidat de la droite à la présidentielle ajoute : "Je ne me suis pas occupée de sa communication non plus."
http://www.francetvinfo.fr/politique/fr ... 46177.html

MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 11:48 
Hors-ligne

Interview d'Elise Lucet sur Europe 1 au sujet d'Envoyé Spécial de ce soir
http://www.europe1.fr/medias-tele/penel ... al-2967431

MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 11:54 
Hors-ligne

gridizbak a écrit:
Son côté campagnard assumé est assez sympa, je trouve.

+1 Elle semble avoir du bon sens

Twitter > https://twitter.com/#!/ArgentumAurum

MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 12:00 
Hors-ligne

Suicide Collectif ?

Pour l'honneur d'un homme et l'avenir de la France
02 février 2017

17 élus des Républicains et de l'UDI apportent dans Le Figaro leur « soutien total » à François Fillon, et dénoncent une «tentative de mise à mort» orchestrée par ses adversaires.

Depuis une semaine, François Fillon est cloué au pilori médiatique et politique. Pour y parvenir, tous les coups sont permis : on jette aux loups un homme, sa femme, sesenfants, sescollaborateurs, sansattendre leurs arguments ni entendre leur défense. Tous les jours sont déversées sur la place publique rumeurs, approximations, calomnies.

Pire : le bûcher a été dressé sansque l’on s’interroge sur ceux qui avaient intérêt à l’allumer. Et pourtant, à quatre-vingts jours de l’élection présidentielle, la manœuvre est grossière : empêcher par tous les moyens l’alternance que veulent les Français. C’est ce choix qu’ont fait nos adversaires. Au risque de provoquer le pire. Car, dans cette affaire, un homme joue son honneur. C’est beaucoup. Mais, dans cette affaire, un pays joue son avenir. C’est essentiel.

Or, si le sort de François Fillon nous importe, le sort de la France nous inquiète, tant cette tentative de mise à mort vise à installer un face-à-face mortel : celui entre la gauche et le Front national, entre l’imposture et l’aventure, entre ceux qui ont échoué et ceux qui échoueront.

Mais que les comploteurs et les manipulateurs en soient avertis : jamais nous ne laisserons prendre en otage ni la démocratie ni le destin de notre pays. Notre soutien à François Fillon est total parce que son engagement pour la France est vital. Rien ne nous arrêtera : nous ne baisserons pas les yeux alors que la France s’apprêteapprête s à redresser redresser la tête.

Bernard Accoyer, François Baroin, Luc Chatel, Jean-François Copé, Christian Jacob, Brice Hortefeux, Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, Gérard Larcher, Isabelle Le Callennec, Bruno Le Maire, Hervé Morin, Jean-Pierre Raffarin, Bruno Retailleau, Thierry Solère, Philippe Vigier, Laurent Wauquiez et François Zocchetto
http://www.republicains.fr/actualites_l ... e_20160202

MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 12:05 
Hors-ligne

Est ce que LR va rembourser les votants a la primaire, si LR change de candidat?

MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 12:13 
Hors-ligne

scratchy a écrit:
Est ce que LR va rembourser les votants a la primaire, si LR change de candidat?

Bien sur, on peut pas redoubler en primaire :lol:

MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 12:28 
Hors-ligne

gridizbak a écrit:
Elle est super forte en anglais, on voit qu'elle l'a étudié à l'école.
Etonnant quand même, pour une galloise :mrgreen:
Elle parait de plus en plus sympathique (bien que presque british) : discrète, réservée, toujours un peu en retrait derrière son grand homme. Elle aurait fait une parfaite Tante Yvonne au Château, mais ça va pas le faire tant son grand homme, qui prône l'éthique et la rigueur (pour les autres), est déconnecté des basses réalités de la plèbe dont il sollicitait les suffrages.

MessagePublié: 02 Fév 2017 12:45 
Hors-ligne
Administrateur

Imaginons qu'elle n'était même pas au courant qu'elle travaillait à 8.000 euros par mois pour son mari PUIS pour son suppléant. Imaginons que son mari lui ai même caché l'existence de ces salaires, virés sur un des 15 comptes. Imaginons qu'elle ne soit au courant de tout cela que depuis 10 jours.

Je serais avocat, je laisserais une petite carte de visite dans sa boite aux lettres.

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 32 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]